Saturday, November 7, 2009

Me and Ro .. uh ha


... It's not often one us bloggers gets a chance to actually talk to rosie, never mind on national radio, but this blogger did ... and though I know I was a TOTAL doof .. I would do it again .. She, meaning her peeps, Pete Mele first emailed me, letting me know she had chosen my logo design for her new XM SIRIUS ROSIE RADIO SHOW. Hello, hold the phone ... let me read that again?? huh? really? ... and then he says that Rosie would like to interview me on her new radio show for about 20 minutes... what the ...? I don't think I heard you? Could you say that again? .. and on it goes. The last couple of weeks have been a stream of emails and phone calls from heavy duty hitters, like Senior Producer Deirdra Dod, letting me know I was going to do fine and putting me at ease, and keeping informed of what was happening. These people are incredible. (Did I mention Deirdra is my new best friend) ... Hi Deirdre!!
So here I am, in the comfort of my own .. bathrobe and bedhead, talking to Rosie O'Donnell on the phone and on national radio ... in who's world does this sort of thing happen?? not mine! Pants-Down excited .. Chattin it up with Parker and Weenie (did I mention I was a total DOOF?) ... But my favorite part happened AFTER I was off the AIR, but still had a phone connection, and I heard her say, as only Ro can, ... "Oh I just love HAH, isn't she ADOABLE".
You rosie peeps who come to this site to read, or blog or hang out .... you know what I am talking about. And here's the point; the guy that was on just before me on Rosie's show?? ... he was the waiter at her favorite Mexican restaurant, who now has become a singer, and Ro wanted to showcase him on her show. (By the way, I forget his name, but his songs and style are incredible). I am just a small town artist, yet Rosie promo'd me on her show. That is something that sets her apart from all the others. She using her forum to spotlight the little peeps. And ya gotta love her for that, right?? Oh did I mention that RO then completed our radio debut DAY by COMING HERE to our blog to CHAT??? ya, i know...it's Crazy, man .....
"Ro Chats at Siriusly Rosie Radio BLOG" .. news at 11:00 ... on we grow.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Congratulations on Rosie choosing your logo, which I love btw. I was here in chat when Rosie visited. Exciting knowing I was in a chatroom the same time she was. Little things like that can really make my day. :)

    So I need a favor. I signed in as CarolCJ to follow your blog and did it under the wrong email address. So I created another CarolCJ with the right email address. The CarolCJ you see following your blog I need you to delete it for me if you can. I'm not able to delete it. Once you delete that one, if you can, I will put the correct one to follow. Confused yet? lol Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    You still must be on cloud 9 or 10 by now..I loved hearing your story and you didn't sound nervous at all!

    What a bonus it was in giving Rosie the info to your chatroom..I have to thankyou because I was here when she popped in..( I bow my head in shame, oy the guilt) I just had to ask her 1 question that only she would know of situation that happened between us...She did! And that proved it was her. ( My paranoid mind anyone could have used her name..lol

    Goodluck with the extra publicity..Ya never know what could happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie was on Jimmy Fallon on Friday!
    You can see it on Hulu.com for FREE!
    Great video quality!
    Watching it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG she was SPOT ON and looked very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still grinning that not only did you win the logo contest, but that you MADE THE SHOW
    ..and had your choice of paintings (jealous)

    Moreover you created this site
    where the good of us can gather
    and share.

    TY 4 that.
    I missed my peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gonna go out on a limb and say you have the cutest bedhead ever in the history of ever Jan!

    I could hear your excitement on the show just as I see it pop from the page here. It is much deserved. I love the logo you designed!

    Thank you for being such a gracious host as all of us "newbies" invade your chat. Lois Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a thrilling experience that must have been for you. It is like you said, Rosie connects with real people, like us, and that is what makes her extra special and a lady with pure character. O loved the Logo you designed! What a wonderful door you have opened.
    Looking forward to reading and listening more and more.
    Cheryl Z.

    ReplyDelete